The conditions for the Haliburton Home & Cottage Show. These Terms and Conditions are stated to provide a well organized show for all Exhibitors. The decision of the Show Manager on questions and interpretations will be final.
Space rental fees are due and payable by April 15th 2019. For Exhibitors registering after April 15th 2019 the booth rental fees are payable on receipt of the booth confirmation.
All payments MUST be paid in full before an Exhibitor will be allowed to setup their booth. Exhibitors who do not show up for the Show will be charged the full price of their booth.
For cancellations before April 1st 2019, we will issue a full refund less a $50 administration fee.
For cancellations after April 1st 2019 we will only issue a full refund less the $50 administration fee if we are successful in rebooking the cancelled booth space.
If full payment is not received by April 15th 2019, your APPLICATION will be forfeited at the discretion of the Show Manager and the space resold.
Move In and Out and Booth Set-Up:
- Please register at the Show Office located: at the rear entrance of the A.J. LaRue Arena for booth assignment and to pick up an Exhibitor kit prior to setting up.
- For indoor booths, 8-foot back curtains and 3-foot side curtains will be supplied. Please use "S Hooks" for hanging back of booth displays. Safety pins are available for very light signage.
- For indoor booths, booth side wings may extend three feet from the backdrop but must not exceed 8 feet in height. Divisions from the side wings to the front of the exhibit must not exceed four feet in height. Exhibitors are required to ensure side wings be finished on both sides to present an acceptable appearance to neighbouring exhibits and attendees. The set-up of a booth must not block the line of sight for adjoining Exhibitor booth space.
- Exhibitors must stay within allocated booth space and not encroach into theaisles or adjoining exhibitor booth space.
- Painting, nailing, drilling of floors and sideboards is prohibited. Taping of floorcovering is also prohibited as the adhesive creates issues with the ice surface.
- Friday from 4:00pm to 9:00pm
- Saturday from 10:00am to 5:00pm
- Sunday from 10:00am to 3:00pm
- Exhibitors agree to occupy their booths throughout Show hours.
- Exhibitors should have displays ready for the attendees at least 15 minutes in advance of the official Show opening times
Flame proofing: Fire regulations require that all decorating materials be flame proofed. If your exhibit has been flame proofed have documentation available at the booth for inspection.
Electrical: Electrical must be ordered and paid for in advance of the show. Please bring your own CSA certified extension cord. Hydro is for a single 110 volt drop. All electrical devices on display must be CSA/UL approved.If you are not positive that the device is CSA/UL certified please notify the HomeShow Manager to arrange for an ESA inspection. A separate inspection fee will be charged.
Set Up: You may set up
- 9:00 am to 8:00 pm on Thursday, May 30th
- 8:00 am to 2:00 pm on Friday, May 31st.
If you have a large display, please plan to set up on Thursday, May 30th or contact the Show Manager for special arrangements.
Noise: We reserve the right to limit noise or music volumes to acceptable levels.
Tear Down: Exhibitors are requested NOT to dismantle their booth before 3:00pm, Show Closing Time, on Sunday, June 2nd. All exhibits must be removed from the Facility on Sunday, June 2nd by 6:00 pm or by special arrangements with the Show Manager
Parking: There is limited parking at the facility for attendees. Exhibitors are asked to park in designated areas. If you have a trailer please contact the Show Manager for parking arrangements.
Advertising: Exhibitor Business information may be used in advertising and promoting the Show
Alcoholic Beverages: The use of alcoholic beverages in exhibitor's booths is prohibited. The Curling Lounge is licensed.
PLEASE PAY ONLINE or SIGN & MAIL YOUR CHEQUE BY APRIL 15th 2019
Online: Payment by VISA or M/C
Cheques Payable to: Haliburton Curling Club,
CO Haliburton Home & Cottage Show
P.O. Box 306
Haliburton, Ontario KOM 1S0
INSURANCE AND SECURITY:
The show will maintain night security on the evenings of Thursday, May 30th, Friday, May 31st and Saturday, June 1st;but the show shall not be liable for any loss due to fire, theft, accident and all other perils. Neither the Haliburton Curling Club, nor Show Management,Show Staff, nor the Municipality of Dysart et al. are intended to be insurers nor are they intended in any way to be liable or accountable to the exhibitor,its agents or employees, respecting any loss or damage of any nature whatsoever regardless of cause. The exhibitor indemnifies and saves harmless the Haliburton Curling Club, Show Management, Show Staff and Municipality of Dysart et al from any claim for damage arising out of or inconsequence to the exhibitor’s use of the exhibition space granted by this contract. Exhibitors are responsible for their own Liability Insurance.